Sunday 25 September 2011

My Homemade Sausages..

My first go at homemade sausages.. I think I did alright! Going to cook them up for Sunday brunch!







Ideas for sausages are endless and homemade you can make them really healthy! There were so many recipes to choose from, and all different ingredients. I've made up this recipe based on all of the recipes I looked at. Fingers crossed they taste as good as they look! Pretty simple, I watched a you tube video on what to do.


Ingredients:

1kg Steak
4 Rasher of bacon diced
1 Cup homemade breadcrumbs
4 Lge Cloves garlic finely chopped
1 Egg
3 Tbs Italian Herbs
1 Teas salt and pepper
1 Cup finely grated tasty cheese
Sausage casings (see photo below)

What to do:

Mince the steak into a large bowl and add all of the other ingredients. Mix well with your hands and put the whole mix back through the mincer. Pop into the fridge for an hr to get the mixture really cold. Soak the sausage skins and feed onto the attachment. Push the mixture through to make your sausages.


Sausage casings easily purchased from your local butcher












No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts