Sunday 18 December 2011

Marinated Roast Beef with Seeded Mustard, Rosemary and Garlic.

Season your scored Roast Beef with sea salt and cracked pepper. In a pestle and mortar add a large clove of crushed garlic, a lge sprig of finely chopped fresh Rosemary, about a Tbs of Seeded Mustard (I've used my Mum's homemade... almost out Mum... hint hint!) a few splashes of good worstershire sauce, and a splash of olive oil. Make a paste and rub really well over the top of your roast beef.



Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Heat a roasting pan in the oven and transfer to the stove top. Place the beef in your hot pan with a splash of olive oil and sear on all sides except the top that you have marinated.  

Slice some onions and smash some garlic (enough for your roast to sit on in the pan) and place your roast on top. Reduce the heat to 200 degrees and pop into the oven and cook for a bit over an hr depending on how rare you like your meat. I like it pink so that is about right for a 1.5kg piece of Beef for my tastes. 

While the Beef is cooking prepare your veges and throw in after the beef has been cooking for around half an hour.  I'm doing roasted potatoes and carrots, fresh corn on the cob and peas. I boil my potatoes first for around ten minutes and smash them up a bit (Makes them really crunchy and crispy) Something I learnt from Jamie Oliver...

Once my Beef is cooked, I let it rest while I make the gravy from the pan juices. All that lovely onion, garlic and juices will make the most delicious gravy with a splash of red wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts