Thursday 10 July 2014

Lj's Chilli Penne Pasta Bake



I wanted to do something really simple tonight so I could just relax and enjoy the evening. I had a scratch around the fridge and freezer and came up with this pasta bake recipe. So easy and quick to prepare and it was really delicious! I love the combination of Chicken & Choritzo!!

Ingredients:

1 large Chicken Breast diced
1 Onion diced 
1 Garlic clove finely diced
1 Chorizo Sausage
6 Button Mushrooms sliced
3 Shallots sliced 
125 grams of cooked pasta of choice ( I have used a gluten free chilli penne)
125ml of Extra light Cream
500 grams of pasta sauce ( use a jar if you like to make it even easier. I've used homemade that I make and freeze for convenience) 

What to do: 

Heat an oven proof cast iron frypan. Add a splash of olive oil and add the onions, garlic and mushrooms. 
Sauté until golden. Add the chorizo and chicken and cook until the chicken is golden brown. 



Add the shallots, pasta sauce and cream and stir to combine. 



Finally stir in the cooked pasta. Top with grated cheese and pop into the oven until the cheese is golden. 

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts