Thursday 24 July 2014

Lamb, Spinach & Sweet Potato Curry


Love a good Curry! 
This is one is very subtle so my daughter would eat it. 

You could easily double of spices in this recipe! (Which I would have done had I only have been making it for myself)  I have thrown this one together with left over roast lamb!
Great for lazy days and to use up leftovers. I usually use left over Roasts in pies but wanted to do something different so I used the curry recipe I generally use adding the cooked meat  at the end. If you want to make this curry with fresh meat, marinate the Lamb in the yoghurt and spices for 2 - 4 hours or overnight. Heat a non stick pan and cook the brown the meat first, then simply add the rest of the ingredients and cook until tender.  To make it with leftovers follow my recipe below.

Ingredients:

350 Diced Cooked Lamb
50 Grams of Baby Spinach
1 Teas Ground Coriander
1 Teas Ground Cummin
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
100g No Fat Greek Yoghurt
1 Onion diced
1 Clove of Garlic Crushed
1 Tin of diced Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
200 Grams of Sweet Potato diced

What to do:

Heat a non stick pan and add a splash of olive oil. Add the diced onion, garlic and spices. Saute until the onion is tender. Add the yoghurt and lemon juice and give it a good stir to combine. Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, cooked lamb and diced sweet potato. Simmer until the sweet potato is tender. By this stage the meat will also be tender. Add the baby spinach just before serving, it will take only moments to wilt. Serve with steamed rice or Naan Bread.

 I made Garlic Naan Bread... YUM! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts