Tuesday 10 June 2014

Wholemeal Fettuccine ~ Malaysian Style!

 

Today I was lucky enough to learn a simple but delicious recipe from a lady I cook with every week. She is Malaysian born and we are always cooking different things!  We have so much fun and just laugh and laugh and laugh!!!

This is basically a homemade wholemeal noodle!

Ingredients:

3 Cups of Wholemeal Flour
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Water

What to do:

Mix all of the ingredients together to form a dough. Knead until smooth and elastic. You can do this by hand but this lady prefers to use her bread maker. At home I use my bread maker, food processor or kitchen mixer with the dough hook to make pasta dough.

Here is how I usually make my home made pasta:
http://ljsgourmetkitchen.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/homemade-lasagne-sheets-and-fettucine.html

Boil some water and cook your fresh pasta for approx 8 mins and then drain.
In this recipe we have fried onion style shallots, sliced green shallots and an egg on top (runny yoke) To flavour the pasta we added cracked pepper, olive oil, soy & hot chilli sauce (just enough to coat is plenty) Add enough to your own tastes and also depending on how much pasta you cook up. You could easily halve this recipe as it does make a lot of pasta. She usually adds cooked bacon as well but we didn't today as she forgot to buy bacon in the shopping! 

As we sat and taste tested she told me that this was a tradition in her small home town community she called home  in Malaysia. What a treat it was to share it with her and an amazing experience with the usual laughs. I have to say she is my favourite client, I just adore her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts