Sunday 2 February 2014

Lj's Mango & Banana Chutney

So many fresh Mango's off my tree this year! 
Whipped up this Chutney for myself and to share with some friends!



Ingredients:

6 fresh mangoes medium sized - skin and seed removed and cubed
2 Bananas sliced
1 cup of Raisins
1 large white onion diced 
3 cups of vinegar ( I usually use apple cider but ran out and used white today)
2 cups of sugar 
1 teas curry powder
1 teas chilli powder
1 teas cinnamon
1 teas yellow mustard seeds
3/4 cup sweet sherry ( you could use port)

What to do:

I've used an electric pot I have that is like an electric frypan but a pot. I add the vinegar and sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar a bit. Add everything else and bring to the boil, then let it simmer until thickened, took approx 4 hours but I cooked it slow. Bottle in sterilised jars while hot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts