Monday 21 October 2013

Lj's Healthy Fried Rice with Chicken wrapped in Streaky Bacon



Dinner is served!

I've used some Free Range Chicken thigh fillets with all of the fat removed. Wrapped them in streaky bacon and cooked in a preheated oven on baking paper for approx 45 minutes on 180 degrees. Depending on the size of the chicken thighs you may need to secure them with a toothpick.


I've used a mixture of Basmati, Brown and Wild Rice. I cook this in a microwave container that has a lid. 1 Cup of rice to 2 1/2 cups of boiling water uncovered for 12 minutes. Added some Vegeta powdered Veggie Stock to the water (about a tablespoon) before cooking. After the 12 minutes remove from the microwave and pop on the lid.




In a hot non stick frying pan sprayed with cooking spray I've sauteed whatever veggies I had in the fridge to use up. Carrots, Mushrooms, Onion, Baby English Spinach & Shallots today. You can add whatever veggies you like here. I've also added some frozen peas and corn. Once cooked add the rice and combine in the pan. Add some soy sauce to taste to your liking and cracked pepper and sea salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts