Tuesday 18 December 2012

Lj's Kangaroo Bolognaise.. best in the world I tell you

I was sitting here this afternoon after working thinking I really feel like bolognaise..(even though I took out a T-Bone for dinner and even though slaving over a hot stove in this isn't that appealing!)

This is the leanest bolognaise ever.. rich and delicious. So low in fat it isn't funny, and for those who "don't" eat Kangaroo I can guarantee you that you will never make a Beef Bolognaise if you tasted mine..
I'm going to serve it with Slim Pasta tonight. There is enough to feed an army so I'll be freezing the rest into one serve containers and popping in the freezer for a quick meal after a long day or for when Mini-Me just wants some of Mum's Bologanise.


Ingredients:

1 Kg Kangaroo Mince
1 Large Red Tuscan  Onion finely diced
1 Large Carrot finely diced
1 Large Zucchini finely diced 
2 Large Portabello Mushrooms sliced
2 x 500g Jars of Passata
A glass of shiraz ( get into the rest of the bottle while cooking!)
( I swear by making all my own sauces but honestly when you are in  a hurry these jar sauces can be great, and to be even more honest they are cheaper to buy than they are to make at places like Aldi)
1 Tin of diced Roma Tomatoes
Fresh Basil, Parsley and Oregano from my garden

What to do:

Heat a large ceramic pot/frypan. Add a splash of olive oil, once the pot is hot add the onions, garlic, carrot, zucchini and mushrooms. Saute until soft and then add the Kangaroo mince. Stir to break up the meat and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the tinned tomatoes, wine and sauce and give it a good mix to combine. Turn the heat to low and put the lids on. Let it cook slowly for a few hours stirring from time to time. 
Simmering will reduce the liquid and make a delicious rich and thick sauce with lots of flavour. Add you fresh herbs and let the flavours infuse by slow cooking for another half hour or so.

Serve with your favourite pasta/spaghetti or fettucine. I'm serving with Slim Pasta and a sprinkle of parmesan as I'm on a bit of a heath kick at the moment. Enjoy :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts