Wednesday 19 December 2012

Creamy Smoked Chicken & Sundried Tomato Rigatoni

I found some lovely Smoked Chicken while shopping yesterday and came up with this delicious lower fat pasta dish. My girlfriend Allison was coming over for dinner and I wanted to impress her of course with a nice pasta dish as she hadn't had pasta in ages.  She loved it, much to my delight but I do have the heads up on her fave foods. I served it with a Garlic Bread made with a Parmesan and Onion Batard that I purchased from Coles.




Ingredients:

250 grams of dried Rigatoni Pasta
(you can use whatever pasta you have on hand)
200g Smoked Chicken Breast Sliced
5 Slices of Shortcut Bacon diced
6 Button Mushrooms finely sliced
1 Tuscan Red Onion diced
Large Handful of Sundried tomatoes
(I used the ones I dried myself and reconstituted them in hot water, totally fat free)
Large Handful of Pitted Kalamatta Olives sliced
Tin of Carnation Light and Creamy
2 Tbs Cornflour
100g Reduced Fat Hillswood Tasmanian Feta Cheese
(I love this Feta as it crumbles beautifully)
Fresh Basil Leaves
Sprinkling of Freshly grated Parmesan for serving

What to do:

Heat a Ceramic pot/Frypan and a splash of Olive Oil. Add your Bacon, onion and mushrooms. Saute until soft and then add your Sundried Tomatoes and Olives and give it a good stir to combine. Add the Smoked Chicken and then  half of the Carnation Milk and stir. Mix the cornflour with the remaining milk in the tin until combined and add to the dish. Simmer on low until the sauce thickens. Boil and salt the water for your pasta and cook until al dente. At this point crumble your feta into your dish. Drain the pasta and add to your pot. Stir to combine your pasta and sauce. Serve into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan and Basil.






1 comment:

Popular Posts