Thursday 23 February 2012

Pink Lemonade Cake



I have modified a recipe I found on My Recipes...

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/lemonade-layer-cake-10000000249959/print/#

The cake is lovely but I think the Icing is a bit too sweet (For my tastes anyway) I'd probably prefer a nice butter icing instead of a cream cheese icing with this cake. with a little less Rasberry flavouring.


Ingredients:


For the Cake

1 1/3 cups Sugar
6 Tbs Butter softened
3 Tbs Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate ( Soda Stream Flavouring)
2 Teas Vanilla Extract
2 Large Free Range Eggs
2 Large Free Range Egg Whites
2 Cups Plain Flour
1 Teas Baking Powder
1/2 Teas Baking Soda
1 1/4 Cups Buttermilk

For the Icing


125g Light Philly Cheese
3 Cups Icing Sugar
2 Teas Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
1 Teas Vanilla Extract

What to do


Beat the sugar, butter, Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate and  Vanilla Extract until creamy (about 5 mins) Add the eggs and egg whites one at a time, mixing well in between. Combine the Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder in a sifter and mix alternately with the buttermilk into the mixture. Beat until well combined and pour into a greased cake tin. I use cooking spray to grease my tins. Bake at 180 for approx 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Let it cool and ice! Grate some white chocolate for the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts