Sunday 18 September 2011

Home made Pizza.. you will never order pizza again!

Last night we decided on Pizza and I made my own pizza bases. I found this recipe ages ago and wrote it in my hand written cookbook.. I can't remember where I got it lol.. But it is definately the best recipe I have ever used for pizza bases.  

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tsp  dried yeast
Pinch of caster sugar
4 cups plain flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil

What to do..

Mix the yeast and sugar with the water and let it sit until foamy. Place the flour into your mixer with the dough hook attachment. Slowly pour in the yeast mixture and combine and then add the olive oil. Mix on low until a dough forms and becomes smooth and elastic. You can do this by hand if you don't have a mixer. Use a flat bladed knife to mix the ingredients and then knead on a floured bench for around 10 minutes.


Brush a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in the centre. Cover with gladwrap and let it sit until the dough doubles in size.


Divide the dough into 3 and roll out to whatever thickness you like your base. I rolled mine thin as it will rise  a bit while cooking. Top with pizza sauce (I make my own with dried Italian herbs and Tomato Paste, or you can buy from the supermarket) Throw on your fave toppings (tonight I have used  cooked chicken breast, bacon, onion, mushroom and finely sliced shaved ham) and cheese and bake until golden. So easy the kids could make it! And so much nicer than any shop bought pizza I have ever tasted.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts