Wednesday 5 June 2013

Homemade Lemon Curd

I have come across and made many versions of Lemon Curd over the years. When I first started taking cooking seriously I never had the patience for it.. having to stand there and stir and keep a close on eye on it was not my idea of fun and I would always pinch a Jar whenever Mum made it.  Now I LOVE making it!
Here is how I like to make it.



Ingredients:

1 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (Approx 4 Medium Lemons)
Rind from one Lemon
1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
4 Free Range Eggs
125g Butter diced

What to do:

In a large saucepan add the eggs and the sugar. Mix together well using a whisk. Add the lemon juice and rind and then the diced butter. Cook on very low heat stirring while the butter melts. Continue to stir and keep a close eye on it so that is remains smooth. Remove from the heat when it thickens.



Great in Lemon Curd Tarts, Butterfly Cupcakes in the place of Jam, A dollop on top of the cream on your Pavlova.. endless ideas and so easy to make. Much nice than the crap you buy in jars at the Supermarket and a great way to use up fresh Lemons


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts