Sunday 30 December 2012

No cook Worcestershire Sauce





After researching what seems like a hundred recipes I found a no cook recipe and modified it to suit what I already had floating around in my pantry. I love the idea of a no cook easy recipe that can be thrown together really quickly!


Ingredients:

1/2 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Honey
1 Tablespoon of Treacle
Juice of 1 Lime
1 Teaspoon of Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon of Onion Flakes
1 Clove of fresh Garlic
1/4 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder

What to do:

In a pestle and mortar grind the cloves, onion flakes and Chilli. Juice the lime, and add all of the ingredients into the bowl of a small food processor. Blend until smooth and pour into a bottle and keep in the fridge. It only makes a small amount so you could easily double the recipe but mix in a bigger processor or in a jug with a stick mixer. It would last about a month in the fridge, but I can't see it lasting that long! It's delicious. I'm leaving mine a few days before I use it to let the flavours infuse.

Here is a link to the original recipe ...

http://www.foodrenegade.com/homemade-worcesterschire-sauce/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts