Wednesday 28 November 2012

Lj's Spicy Mango & Nashi Chutney

After cutting a Mango that I though was delicious and ripe.. and wasn't, I decided to create this recipe with whatever else I could find in my crisper. To my delight it turned out a treat!
I love creating new Chutney Recipes..

Ingredients:
1 Under ripe Mango
3 Roma Tomatoes
1 Yellow Capsicum
I White Nashi Pear
1 Medium White Onion
 2 Cups of White Vinegar
1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Teas Ground Cinnamon
1 Teas Mixed Spice
1 Teas Chilli Powder
10 Black Peppercorns




What to do:
Dice the Mango, Tomatoes, Capsium, Nashi and Onion and place
into a heavy based pot. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.

Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat and
simmer on low until thick and soft.
Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal.
This would be so good on a cracker with Camembert,
or any kind of Chicken sandwich!
I can't wait to dig into some..







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts