Sunday 24 April 2011

Chicken & Bacon Loaf

After cutting my finger last night on my new ceramic knife I decided to put something quick and easy together for dinner and made this Chicken & Bacon Meatloaf.





 Line a loaf pan with rashers of bacon so that you can overlap them over the chicken mince filling. The bacon flavours the chicken beautifully so I don't add any other flavours to the mince besides some chopped spring onions, cracked pepper and sea salt and an egg to bind together. Place the chicken mixture (I've used 500g of chicken mince, 4 finely chopped spring onions and one egg) over the top of the bacon and wrap the bacon over the top. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg for about 45 mins and until the bacon on top is crunchy. You can serve this hot with veges or cold with salad. Thinly slice the leftovers (if there are any!) and pop on a breadroll with some chutney and salad.. delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts